- 12 oz rigatoni pasta - i used penne
- 3 tbs olive oil
- 1 lb of spicy italian sausage - you could also just use 3 sausage links without the casing
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 1/2 cups marinara*
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 parmesan cheese, grated
- salt and pepper to taste
1. preheat oven to 350°
2. fill a large pot of water and bring to a boil. add a small handful of salt and the pasta to the water and stir. boil pasta for 7-10 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until pasta is al dente.
3. pour 1 tbs of olive oil into a large saute pan and place over medium-high heat. add sausage and break apart with a spoon. cook sausage for about 5 minutes or until even browned. drain and add to pasta.
6. pour mixture into a lightly greased 8" X 8" baking dish and top with remaining mozzarella and parmesan
7. bake for 20-25 minutes or until cheese bubbles and browns
when i dropped this off to my cousin and her family, i got to see the new baby! halleck is too cute and adorable! and eli was being such a silly! i hope they enjoyed this as much as i enjoyed making it for them! :]